Laptop & Technology Fee
This includes the purchase* of a MacBook Air with AppleCare Warranty and school licensed software.
Students will receive an MacBookAir Package which includes:
- a three year AppleCare warranty
- a neoprene carrying case for their laptops
- a replacement laptop (supplied by the school) in the event that a student machine requires repair
- The Apple iLife applications: (GarageBand, iMovie, Photo Booth)
- The Apple iWorks applications (Keynote, Pages, Numbers)
- All of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and Dreamweaver)
- Software to access Microsoft file systems so students can access legacy files
In order to ensure compatibility and integration across the system, both technical and pedagogical, students are required to use this complete package, including the laptop computer, as supplied by the school.
*For software licensing and repair purposes, the school will retain ownership of the device during the student’s LCS career; however when the student leaves the school, ownership of the device with any existing warranty will be transferred to the student’s family.
Personal expenses and other incidental charges are billed monthly and can be paid by online banking or pre-authorized debit.
Supplementary fees may include:
- Tuition Refund Insurance (annually in July)
- Text books, school uniform, clothing, supplies, and sundries
- Non-OHIP medical services
- Personal athletic equipment
- Athletic uniforms
- English as a Second Language tutoring
- University admissions applications
- Private tutoring
- Graduation and school photos
- Adventure expeditions
- Dry cleaning and mending
- Travel (day & boarder)
- Taxis to off-site medical services
- Career testing
- Recreational entertainment
- NSF cheques, wire, and other bank charges
- Grove Society membership
- School formal, semi-formal and other spirit events
- Private music lessons
- Riding program
Property and Health Insurance
The school cannot accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to, a student’s personal property. Parents should ensure that their child’s personal belongings are insured while at the school.
A copy of each student’s Health Card or health insurance policy must be on file in the Health Centre prior to school opening. As well, we also require a copy of each student's proof of nationality, i.e. birth certificate or passport. More detailed information on health insurance requirements are requested during the eRegistration process.