At LCS, we believe the real value of computer technology is its ability to connect people to resources and, most importantly, people to other people. To this end, our vision is to broaden the perspective of our students by putting them in touch with information, ideas and people from around the world.
All students are required to purchase* a MacBook Air with AppleCare Warranty and school licensed software.
Students will receive an MacBookAir Package which includes:
- a three year AppleCare warranty
- a neoprene carrying case for their laptops
- a replacement laptop (supplied by the school) in the event that a student machine requires repair
- The Apple iLife applications (GarageBand, iMovie,Photo Booth)
- The Apple iWorks applications (Keynote, Pages, Numbers)
- All of the MicroSoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and Dream Weaver)
- Software to access Microsoft file systems so students can access legacy files
In order to ensure compatibility and integration across the system, both technical and pedagogical, students are required to use this complete package, including the laptop computer, as supplied by the school.
*For software licensing and repair purposes, the school will retain ownership of the device during the student’s LCS career; however when the student leaves the school, ownership of the device with any existing warranty will be transferred to the student’s family.