Lakefield College School prides itself in a dress standard that provides its students with comfortable, flexible clothing in order to embrace our strategic directions of outdoors every day, authentic learning, and community first. This dress standard includes the essential clothing needed at Lakefield College School. When planning purchases, please remember that laundry, included in the boarding tuition fees, is sent out once a week, returning in two days. Coin-operated washers and dryers are available in the residences. Students also have access to a free, communal laundry room located in our School Block.
In keeping with its environmental value, Lakefield seeks corporate partners for dress that manufacture clothing in Canada or that make a strong commitment to sustainability in their business practices, or both. Many of our clothing pieces are manufactured by Top Marks, but students may also purchase pieces of Standard Dress from School Stores and preferred supplier Mountain Equipment Coop. Information about Mountain Equipment Coop’s sustainability policies is available here.
Top Marks is currently the exclusive supplier of our Formal Dress. Formal Dress is worn at least once a week, on special occasions, and for some designated school trips. Standard Dress is worn on the other weekdays during the academic day (8:30 am - 3:30 pm). Spirit wear, other tops (school sport, clubs and house wear) are permitted on Wednesdays. See details for both Formal and Standard Dress under Types of Uniforms (below).
- Top Marks Canada: For Health and Safety reasons Top Marks will not be coming to LCS this year. If you have not yet done so, please complete your new Top Marks formal and standard dress orders directly through the Top Marks website using our school code: LCS01. The school will help with exchanges if necessary upon arrival to school if the exchanges cannot be accommodated prior to arrival.
- School Stores: Families may purchase standard dress tops from School Stores upon arrival at the school. To order any items remotely please visit the school stores website then contact Krista Dunford or Dawn Goble at 705.652.3324 ext. 340 between 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays (Wednesday until 2:00 p.m.).
- Replay Shop: The Replay Shop in School Stores carries gently used items. Contact the Replay Shop by email for assistance.
- Summer Hours:
- Monday, August 9 – 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 16 – 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- September 7, 9, 11 – 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- MEC bottoms can be ordered directly through this MEC link.